The Nixon Clan

The Nixon Clan
LIFE IS NOT THE WAY IT'S SUPPOSE TO BE. IT'S THE WAY IT IS. THE WAY YOU COPE WITH IT IS WHAT MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE!

Monday, April 11, 2011






Ok so here is where it gets interesting.....On our way back from McDonalds, my brakes were GRINDING so bad that I felt like everyone could here me coming down the road. So, I had to drop my van off and have Annie come and pick up all 7 of us! Now it was already getting later, and we had promised the kids they could go swimming too. The problem though, was that we were down to one vehicle, and had to get 12 people to the swimming pool! The van wouldn't be done until about 7 pm, but the pool closed at 8. So, we went in two loads! It was so crazy, but we were all pretty good troopers, until it came to the COLD water! I went in the second load, and by the time I got there, all the kids that had been swimming for a while had purple lips! LOL! So we swam for about an hour together, and then it was time to pick up the van. Annie took Wes to get it, along with the first load of people. (800 +) dollars for the van! EEK! Sometimes I wish that we could go back to horse and buggy. It seems like that would be tons cheaper! Anyway, when we all finally got home, we ate some DELICIOUS taco soup that Wes had made! MMMMMMMMM! And then Annie wanted some caramel popcorn. So while her and Jess went to the store, I bathed the kids! First Parley and Lincoln, then Amy and Tegs, and Nikki, Nathan, and Briggs all did their own. When they got back from the store, we had caramel popcorn, sent the kids to bed, and played countdown with us four adults! Annie was done after one round of winnning. (sore from our workout hehe) Next day was Sunday, the sad day of parting. We had all the girls' hair curled so cute, and the boys were so handsome. I got a few pics. Brigham was throwing such a fit about leaving. LOL He shut himself in the bathroom and had a good cry while SLOWLY getting dressed, saying, "I don't want to go home, our house is so boring!" It was pretty funny! Then when we gave hugs and said our goodbyes, Nikki started with the sobbing. She had tears streaming down her face, and she acted as if someone had just died. So, even though we might not be able to afford it, and I will have to take two days off work, and take the kids out of school for two days, I think that that we might end up going to the cabin in May. It would be so much fun to just relax and have fun with the whole family!!!!! This weekend reminded me of going to the cabin! All the kids sleeping in a room, and the adults playing games all night! Love my family!!!

1 comment:

  1. AWE! Such a fun weekend with you guys!! It really was a LOT of fun with some really good memories! Can't wait to see you guys again!!

    ReplyDelete