The Nixon Clan

The Nixon Clan
LIFE IS NOT THE WAY IT'S SUPPOSE TO BE. IT'S THE WAY IT IS. THE WAY YOU COPE WITH IT IS WHAT MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE!

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Nicole's baptism in February. We didn't get very many pictures of this darnitt! We were so busy with family! Great day though! We had Wes' mom and Step-Dad here, his brother, Tyler, and family, his brother, Tracy, and family, and his Grandma. From my side we had my parents and my two sisters, Stephanie, and Ariane. Stephanie also brought Sammantha along! It was an amazing experience for me as a mother. I still can't believe I have an 8 year old. It brought back such memories of when I was baptized. My mom helped me in the dressing room to get ready. I remember wearing the jumpsuit that they give you. I also remember the movie that they use to show about the girl that took something from the store and had to repent. This was a little different with Nicole. They didn't show the movie, and I actually had to speak about the Holy Ghost. They also had some sisters sing a beautiful song about baptism. I wish I had the words to it. It brought me to happy tears to see her immersed into the water, and also to see Wes performing the baptism. I felt so proud of her, and so privileged to help this brand new, clean member of the church, get dressed into her beautiful white dress afterwards. I got her all ready, and I looked her in the eyes and told her how proud I was of her decision to be baptized. I gave her a kiss and a hug and held her hand as we walked back into the room where everyone was waiting. That is a proud mother!!! Another neat thing was that our Bishop had just lost his father a few days before, and yet he still showed up to the baptism and gave some very neat comments. Also, our ward here has a really neat tradition called "The Book of Life" which was started back with the pioneers! Nikki got to sign that book and that will be a neat thing for her to be a part of forever! After the baptism we went to the church and had some pizza and drinks, and some dessert. It was fun to be able to visit with family, and to share in this special occasion with Nicole!

1 comment:

  1. So much fun!! I wish I was there! I am so proud of that girl too :D

    ReplyDelete